You’ve been plugging along with your social media strategy but have you ever stopped to take a comprehensive look at how your various platforms are performing? No, we’re not talking checking your analytics each week. We’re talking a full on social media audit. While this sounds like a time consuming and potentially scary process, it is essential to your social media success!
What does a social media audit entail?
While everyone’s audit may differ, a social media audit is a complete analysis of your social media accounts. Your audit should include:
- Social media analysis and suggestions
- Audience analysis
- Best practices for each platform
- Social media graphics style guide
This report should be customized to your social media accounts and give you a complete look at where your social media currently stands as well as a list of tricks, tips, and tools to help you take your social media accounts to the next level.
Benefits for Your Brand
- Learn: A social media audit provides a complete look of our accounts giving you the opportunity to see what is working and more importantly, what’s not working. This allows you to learn how to improve your strategy for the future.
- Improve your strategy: If you don’t already have a social media strategy, this is the perfect time to create one based off the information in the audit. We look at the social media audit as the foundation of your strategy. We always do a complete audit of client’s accounts before we create a strategy for them. However, if you have a current strategy, the audit will give you a look at what areas could use improvement. Do you need to tweak your content? Times you post? The audit will give you a clearer idea of how your strategy is working.
- Adjust goals: Social media often fails because it’s not tied to specific goals. An audit will help provide clarity on where your social media accounts stand and what your future goals for your social media strategy should be. You’ll be able to start connecting the links between everything from your social media content to your marketing strategy to your overall business goals.
While it’s always a great idea to regularly analyze your social media accounts, we suggest doing a major social media audit at least once a year. This will help keep your strategy on track and allow you to make necessary adjustments if needed so you can keep your business popping!