While we love designing complete websites for clients, sometimes we have people come to us just looking for help with a few little tweaks and when it's a blogger you've been following for a while, you say heck yes!
When we chatted with Jeannine, she wanted some help making a few tweaks to her homepage and interior pages to make her blog a little more user-friendly. She has several blog categories she wanted to highlight in a more effective way as she was also making some adjustments to her blog (new name YAY! and adjusting the focus a tad). We helped her make the following changes to her blog:
- Adjusted homepage layout to one main banner image followed by category buttons and then highlight featured posts and blog feed
- Created simple blog category buttons to match current branding to link to corresponding category pages
- Adjusted sidebar on homepage to highlight Jeannine and key pieces of information
- Assisted with streamlining navigation
- Adjusted category pages to keep the layout on each consistent and cohesive
- Added a read more archive option to each category page
- Assisted with updating a few banners on category pages
- Connected new domain
Here's a peek at how the homepage turned out!
Originally Jeannine had her banner set up as a slideshow which was great but keeping her goals in mind, we suggested have one main banner then using the images from the other banners (and a few new ones) to create category buttons. Here's a closer look at how the category buttons turned out:
As you can see, sometimes making a few little changes can have a really big impact. We helped create some updated design elements but mainly focused on creating a more streamlined user-experience for her readers. We love how this turned out and loved working with Jeannine every step of the way!